December 29, 2004
- We didn’t fight a war in Thailand, Sri Lanka or Indonesia.
- The U.S. very little strategic interest there, if any.
- Neither does Halliburton.
- In fact, there’s no oil there at all, to speak of.
- Nor, for that matter, large numbers of terrorists likely to attack us if we don’t help.
- On a per capita basis, we’re already giving a lot more than Jan Egeland’s native Norway.
- Self-righteous Euroweenies don’t care about that, though. Donate all you want, and they’ll still go on convincing themselves they are better global citizens than us ‘Mercuns.
- Contributing to the relief effort won’t do a damned thing to make the world safe for democracy, or for any other political agenda we Americans may find desirable.
- It also won’t benefit you personally. Not a penny will go to your Social Security benefits, your 401(k), or benefit you in any other way, shape or form. You may build up a little treasure in heaven, but then again, you may not.
- Do it anyway.
Powered by WordPress. Stock photography by Matthew J. Stinson. Design by OFJ.